Monday, March 18, 2013

Banana Bread


One of my favorite ways to use up ripe bananas is to make homemade banana bread. This is my grandmother's recipe that has been a tried-and-true staple in my house. It makes for a delicious snack or quick breakfast.


Banana Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted better
2 eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas
Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or nut of choice


Sift dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mash bananas until smooth and creamy. Mix in melted butter and eggs. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Be careful not to over mix or the bread will be tough.  Pour mixture in a greased loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at  350 degree oven for 1 hour or until the loaf is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack and then wrap in foil
Enjoy!
*Note: My Grandmother's original recipe called for 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. My husband has a nut allergy so I omit nuts from all my recipes.

     

1 comment :

  1. This is also my favorite banana bread Hailey; so glad you are still enjoying your grandmas yummy recipe.

    ReplyDelete