Monday, November 3, 2014

French Bread Pepperoni Pizza

Need a quick dinner idea? Love pizza, but don't have the time to make a homemade crust? Try this quick and easy French bread pizza. 


I posted a recipe for my homemade pizza sauce last week so I figured I needed to post a recipe that you can use it for! Growing up, my mom would occasionally make us this French bread pizza. It's super simple and you don't have to deal with the hassle of making a crust.

I for one, love a good homemade pizza crust but I don't always have time to make the bread dough. For a good pizza, in a short amount of time, I will whip out one of these French bread pizzas.


It's so simple: pick up a loaf of French bread at your supermarket's bakery, slice it lengthwise in half, brush with a little olive oil, toast it for a few minutes in the oven, add your toppings, pop back in the oven and bake until cheese is bubbly and bread is golden.


Simple right?

French Bread Pepperoni Pizza

Ingredients
  • 1 loaf of French bread
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Pizza Sauce 
  • 4-6 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
  • Pepperoni
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice French bread in half lengthwise. Place onto a rimmed baking sheet (I usually brush a little olive oil onto the pan underneath the bread). Brush the tops of the bread with a little olive oil. Toast in the oven for about 5 minutes.

2. Top French loaves with pizza sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni. Return to oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing and enjoying.

Note: Pizza can be made with a variety of toppings. If using additional cheese or toppings, hollow out a little bit of the loaf so that it can hold all of the toppings.




3 comments :

  1. My sister and I used to love making this kind of pizza when we were kids! I just love it! So simple , but still delicious! Thanks for bringing back the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good- it's been awhile since I've made this easy week night meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been too long since I've had French bread pizza. Such an easy and fun meal. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete