Sunday, June 9, 2013

Homemade Fresh Salsa





I recently made a trip to our local farmer's market. One vendor had some beautiful, ripe, red tomatoes that I couldn't resist. Homegrown tomatoes are excellent for fresh salsa (or just plain eating!). I decided to make a small batch of this simple salsa that was the perfect amount for my husband and I (with a little bit leftover).


Salsa:

Two Large Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
2-3 Tablespoons Chopped Green Onions
2 Cloves of Garlic, Smashed
3 slices of Jarred Jalapeno
1 Teaspoon Sugar
Salt to Taste


Rough chop the tomatoes into large chunks. Put in food processor along with the cilantro, green onions, garlic, jalapeno, sugar and pinch of salt. I used mild, jarred jalapeno and only used three slices for a mild salsa. If you like a hot version, add more jalapenos or use a fresh jalapeno for an added kick! Pulse until ingredients are chopped finely but not pureed, about 10-12 pulses. Serve with tortilla chips. I made tacos for dinner and this salsa was an excellent topping!

No comments :

Post a Comment