Thursday, June 19, 2014

Layered Taco Salad

All of your favorite taco fixings in a easy, layered taco salad. It's one of my favorite, quick summer recipes!




I think summer is officially here! These last few days have been hot and humid

During the sweltering, summer months, I prefer to fix easy recipes that don't involve the oven. I have a tiny kitchen in my house and it doesn't take long for it to heat up.

Salads are always a good option, but it has to be a hearty salad that will be filling for Mark. This taco salad is very simple to throw together--it's ready in three easy steps: prepare meat, prep toppings, and assemble salad!

Growing up, my Mom made a taco salad that was mixed together in one large bowl. Later on in my junior high years, she came up with this idea to do a layered taco salad. It's a simple process of making taco meat and preparing various toppings. This "build your own" style allows everyone to choose the toppings that they please. Don't like beans? Add more meat. Don't want tomatoes? Add more salsa or cheese or any of your favorite toppings. This salad is completely customizable!




Notice how simple of a dinner this was: I photographed the salad on a paper plate. I know...it's probably a food photography no-no. 

Sometimes, simple food just needs a simple setting. :)  


Layered Taco Salad

Ingredients
  • Tortilla chips
  • Taco meat - you can find my recipe here
  • Black beans
  • Freshly chopped romaine lettuce
  • Diced tomato
  • Shredded Monterrey jack and cheddar cheese
  • Sour Cream
  • Salsa
Directions

1. Prepare Taco Meat.
2. Prep other ingredients: chop lettuce, dice tomatoes, and shred cheese.
3. Assemble salad as desired.

Source: Tasteful Cuisine

No comments :

Post a Comment